Monday, December 27

Magical Girl Madoka Magica / 魔法少女まどか★マギカ



What? I watch magical girl? Gasp! Yes for one good reason. Look at the staff list below:

Director: Akiyuki Shinbo
Series Composition: Gen Urobuchi
Character Draft: Ume Aoki
Character Design: Kishida Takahiro
Music: Kajiura Yuki
Animation Production: SHAFT

One can marvel at the amount of firepower assembled here for this series. No wonder a lot of fans went berserk in anticipation. I am intrigued by the fact Shinbo was given a carte blanche/ blank cheque to direct a fresh anime instead of adaptation work. Reportedly he expressed desire to direct a magical girl anime genre while he is still working on Bakemonogatari.

Slated for air on 6 January 2011. I wonder which one will be better; this or Fractale? Only time will tell. This is also first SHAFT original anime since 2001. If anyone doubts Shinbo doing magical girl, just check Nanoha S1. Yes, that is done by him.

Yuki Kaijura joined the project due to "amusing script".

Home Site

UPDATE:
My final impressions here.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I watched any magical girl stuff, you've certainly drawn my attention!